woensdag 14 oktober 2009

#DECISIONS#

Recently I told you about my doubts about what kind of job in fashion I would like. Last week I spoke to some people and attended some events and now I do know what I want; I want to do PR/communication.

It feels as such a relieve that now I do know what I want. But then again, on the other hand; PR/communication and then preferably in fashion might be kind of difficult to find. Difficult, since I do not have any experience in fashion. As a woman of a fashion recruiters agency told me, it is essential  to have experience to enter that world. According to her, another way achieving what I want can be done through networking. And that's a thing I am good at! From the moment I had access to the world wide web I had my own little blog on lifejournal and stayed in contact with people with the same interest (mostly fashion) from all over the world! My fascination for social media was born! Since then I did not only write my blogs I also attended hyves, facebook, linkedin, several modelplatforms and my favorite, twitter. Through all these social media I have met a lot of people and had a lot of opportunities which I would not have if I did not know all these people through the Internet. So networking should be a piece of cake for me.


Another advice someone gave me is that I have to be noticed. This means, no standard resume, and no standard application letter. So what I did is I made my resume in psp. I am not very good at it, but I have some basic skills, and taking that in mind I am very proud on the result. I hope the companies who will receive it, think the same way ;-).


Networking check
Standing out check

I'm gonna give it my very best and hope that within a couple of weeks I have found my perfect job!

I'll keep you posted!

x

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten